Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blood on the Snow

It is falling solidly right now - from where I am sitting you can hardly see across the way.  It may go on like this for days.   Looking at the photos of this jacket I recently finished  got me thinking of the Grimm's Brothers version of Snow White and the blood drop in the snow...

This color is probably my favorite color, especially in leather, a true, true oxblood. The combo of red and black against white has always struck me.  Perhaps it goes back to when I was about 3 or 4 and cut my foot and bled all over the black and white checkerboard floor.  It stopped me in my tracks, I have such a vivid memory of the colors and the contrast.

This is my fantasy Motorcycle Jacket.  It was inspired by and created for a great client and very cool guy. Buzz Bissinger. I hope he gets to wear it in the snow.

Oxblood Buffalo MC jacket

Oxblood Buffalo MC jacket

Oxblood Buffalo MC jacket

Oxblood Buffalo MC jacket

Oxblood Buffalo MC jacket

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I love this jacket and color very much and it s a very unique color for a leather jacket which I wish I see more often for leather jackets. The structure is also very nice and unique and I love the quirky pocket. Your story for inspiration is very genius and unique.
    -Chloe London

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Forget blood on the tracks, I'll take blood on the snow any day. ;) sheri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails