Thursday, September 3, 2009

Glorious Leather Jacket

Ok, after getting all worked up about the leather jackets in "Inglourious Basterds" let's get back to the modern world. (Though I live to see those statement lapels come back!)

Here are some photos of a jacket I just finished, in an incredible espresso brown leather called "Roadrunner". The leather was milled a bit before cutting to bring out the grain. I am loving this leather. It's got a beautiful hand and very good weight and it works up beautifully.

This jacket was based on a old and much loved & worn, jacket belonging to the customer.

But the original jacket was quite beat up & much too over-sized for his taste & style today so really it was just a jumping off point.

It is lined in a heavy weight cotton sateen in a contrasting khaki and has these wonderful variegated horn buttons as well as two large outside pockets and 3 interior pockets, 2 at chest level and a special semi- hidden card pocket.


Custom Leather Jacket-Front

Custom Leather Jacket-Back

Custom Leather Jacket-Detail

Custom Leather Jacket-Detail

Custom Leather Jacket-Detail

Custom Leather Jacket-Detail

Custom Made Mens Leather Jacket I am thrilled with the way it came out. It looks great on him, suits him perfectly & and should last him forever! ... Drat, did I just lose another customer!?


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I've owned several truly high quality leather jackets, and I shot for a different league with this one...and got it. I just wanted something simply special, made from the ground up for me. The process with Carla was rewarding, and the product is a wholly honest article of bespoke craftsmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Paul, I really enjoyed working with you on this jacket and I hope you will love it for years to come! (I want to see a photo in 20 years, I know it's gonna break in and age amazingly!)Wear it in the best of health, always...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails