Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mia's got a Brand New Bag...part 1

I've been doing bags for a few years now, but it's a pretty new discipline for me. It's started out as a yearly birthday project for myself. I figured a bag was something I could start for myself, and actually finish...I wanted to wear something of my own for a change!

This is the First Bag:

python skin messenger
python skin messenger
But, it's been evolving, since starting with this straight forward and fairly un-constructed (and unlined) messenger style, which is my all-time favorite style. I've been asked to create some much more constructed bags, a real challenge, especially on a one-of-a-kind basis.

Here is the first bag I recently made for a new client, I call it the "Mia" bag. I got beautifully detailed sketches from the client:


client-sketch-1
client-sketch-2
But, more importantly I got a very detailed and specific list of functionality specs. This is what the final design really took shape from. I created a mock up based on the required dimensions, which was then sent back to the client to try. Turns out the bag needed sizing up to accommodate her computer, peripherals and a change of clothing so that this would be the perfect all around carry-on bag.

This is the final result:


mia-1
mia-1-2
mia-1-3
mia-1-4

She loved this bag so much she ordered a second one, which I will get to shortly...
----------------
Now playing: James Brown - Papa's Got a Brand New Bag
via FoxyTunes



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails