Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"The Lost Colony" Costumes

I had meant to add to my couture and costume post over a week ago, so better late than never.
The costumes were for an incredibly long running production out of North Carolina called
"The Lost Colony" and are designed by William Ivey Long.

It's a very funny coincidence that I happened to have a program from The Lost Colony's second year in production. My Mom saw it as a child and loved it. She'd kept the program pristinely all these years! Here are some images from that program:


lost-colony-cover

lost-colony-costumes-1939
lost-colony-back-cover
And here are some more photos of the new costumes which are replacing costumes lost in a fire last year:

elizabethan-ruff
elizabethan-dress-in-works
elizabethan-dress-detail
elizabethan-ruff-detail
farthingdale-construction
Some finished Dresses:

elizabethan-dress
elizabethan-dressI want to thank my friend Karin for these beautiful costume photos.

I am very behind on a ton of stuff, all of it computer related. Everything basically stops when I have projects. So only when I get a decent break or am waiting for an appointment and have stuff prepped, am I able to stay on top of this. I would love some help with this, so I'm putting it out there for any of you with ideas and/or suggestions.

I will be posting some more VERY amazing "Lost Colony" photos soon. Never, ever, before seen photos from the Amazon Jungle, circa 1947 or 1948. Some really gorgeous tribal life images.

----------------
Now playing: The Elysian Fields - Bayonne
via FoxyTunes


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. OMG That Dress Is Sooo Amazingly Beautiful ! I Wish I Had One ! Your Sooo Sooo Lucky (: x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be laced into that dress!!
    claire.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails