Sunday, February 17, 2008

Leather for Spring!

I am thrilled that the NYT featured leather jackets today as a big must have for Spring. I wish they done more justice with the photos. Some of these jackets look like they could be quite nice. My favorite in the print edition is the "gwyn" jacket. Although looking at the slideshow, I like the idea far more than the actual jacket, with it's simplified Rick Owens inspired shape. I also like the white Robert Rodriguez jacket. But again, it's really hard to get any idea as to how it looks on. The photo makes it look blocky and like the sleeves are big tubes. Who knows? A little more time and care should have been taken to shoot all these jackets, rather than just throwing them on a 3D hangar. Nothing ever, ever fits those things.

For myself, for Spring, I think a jacket in a washable skin would be perfect. I have a pair of cropped pants in a washable. They are out of this world and I’ve worn them to death! I've done some for clients, but not enough. I think people can't believe leather can really be washable AND dryable in a machine. But it is, and it’s fabulous!
washable-leather-pants


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Washable leather? Who knew? I'm a big fan of your designs and you've inspired me to lose weight so I can get me that laser cut leather skirt we discussed. Great blog, too.

    continued success to you!

    xo, Jackie Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie! I'll be getting back to you shortly with that info.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails